East Tennessee State University

Johnson City, Tennessee
Jump to Section
  • Public
    4 year
  • 1:19
    Faculty to Student Ratio
  • 10%
    Transfer Student Ratio
East Tennessee State University is a traditionally selective institution located in Johnson City. Undergraduate students represent approximately 80 percent of headcount enrollment; students in graduate and professional programs constitute the remaining 20 percent. The university educates significant numbers of low-income students, adult students, and students pursuing degrees in the basic and clinical health sciences. ETSU awards degrees in over one hundred baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs, including distinctive interdisciplinary programs. An emphasis on the clinical and health sciences, with respect to doctoral and professional programs, is a distinctive feature of the university.
Over 13,500 courses transfer into East Tennessee State University
EastTnStU - SchoolPhoto.JPG

Overview

Founded 1911
Total Faculty 707
Total Enrollment 14,685
Programs 287
Courses 3,114
Transfer Agreements 39 incoming
Equivalencies 13,941 incoming
17,859 outgoing
Back to top

Financial Information

Scholarships and Financial Aid:
The Office of Financial Aid is primarily responsible for providing information, services, and assembling financial aid for eligible students to obtain an undergraduate or graduate degree. The Office of Financial Aid will provide the highest quality of services and offer as many opportunities for financial aid as possible, in combination with resources expected from student, family and other sources, to support an eligible student in completion of a degree.
Tuition and Fees:
Undergraduate, In-State, per semester, 12 credit hours $4,076.50; Out-of-State, per semester, 12 credit hours $12,488.50
Back to top

Information for Transfer In Students

Adult Degree Completion Programs:
Bachelor of General Studies, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies.
Technical/Vocation Credit Accepted:
Yes, from regionally accredited institutions as general elective credit.
Credit for Prior Learning:
Portfolio Assessments, Institutional Challenge Exams, Institutionally-Evaluated Training or Credit, ACE-Military, ACE-Workplace, Excelsior Exams, DANTES/DSST Exams, CLEP, SAT, ACT.
Back to top

Application Deadlines for Transfer

Fall August 15
Spring December 15
Back to top

Additional Information

Veteran Friendly:
Yes.
Student Services Extended Hours:
Library, Cafeteria
Childcare:
Little Bucs Program
Back to top

Transfer Application Requirements

Minimum GPA:
Minimum GPA requirements are based on the number of attempted transferable hours.
Official Transcripts:
Provide official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities as well as high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions by August 15th for Fall Semester and by December 15th for Spring Semester.
SAT/ACT Scores:
Standardized test scores may be required of some applicants.
Letters of Recommendation:
Not required.
Essay:
An essay is not required.
Application Fee:
The non-refundable application fee is $25.
Interview:
If you do not meet the grade point average requirement to transfer and you have not been enrolled in any institution of higher education for at least three years, you may receive individual review by the Vice Provost for Enrollment Services.
Associates Degree Required:
No.
Other Requirements:
None.
Request More Information:
Back to top

Transfer Credit Policy

Minimum Grade:
The lowest grade earned for any course that may be transferred for credit is D.
Credits (Min/Max):
You must complete 30 semester hours in residence at East Tennessee State to earn a bachelor's degree.
Transfer Policy Document:
Back to top

East Tennessee State University

Address:
807 University Pky
Johnson City, Tennessee 37614-0000
United States
Main Phone:
(423) 439-1000
Website:
Email:

Contacts

Transfer Admission Contact:
Valerie Higgins
Admissions Coordinator, Undergraduate Admissions
(423) 439-4213
go2etsu@etsu.edu
Transfer Services Contact:
Dr. Carla Warner
Director Adult, Commuter & Transfer Services, Student Affairs
(423) 439-5641
acts@etsu.edu
Veterans Services Contact:
Elsa Severijn
Coordinator, Veterans Affairs
(423) 439-7161
severijn@etsu.edu
Adult Learner Contact:
Dr. Carla Warner
Director Adult, Commuter & Transfer Services
(423) 439-5641
acts@etsu.edu

Branch Campuses/Additional Locations

ETSU at Kingsport (two campuses)
1501 University Blvd. /300 Clinchfield St, Suite 460
Kingsport, TN 37660
(423) 439-5641 or (423) 392-8080
http://www.etsu.edu/academicaffairs/scs/kingsport/
Back to top
Last updated on 10/19/2016 by AcademyOne.